To begin with, please ensure to read the system requirements for your PC or Mac. Your office for home products: Some ‘office for home products’ has product keys. In case you have one that has such key before you install office; endeavour to login with your previous Microsoft account details and insert the product key at office.com/setup. When you redeem your key, you’re helping your account with the office to work properly and that can only be done once. Once you have done so, move forward to step the next step
[sc_fs_faq sc_id=”fs_faqpe6moth9a” html=”true” headline=”h2″ img=”934″ question=”How to download and install or reinstall Microsoft Office 365 or Office 2019 on your computer?” img_alt=”How to download and install or reinstall Microsoft Office 365 or Office 2019 on your computer?” css_class=”” ]To begin with, please ensure to read the system requirements for your PC or Mac. Your office for home products: Some ‘office for home products’ has product keys. In case you have one that has such key before you install office; endeavour to login with your previous Microsoft account details and insert the product key at office.com/setup. When you redeem your key, you’re helping your account with the office to work properly and that can only be done once. Once you have done so, move forward to step the next step.
Office/corporate or business use: when your ‘office for a business subscription’ has a desktop version of the office apps, there won’t be an option to install; else someone in your workplace may give you a license to operate. Check through ‘What Office 365 product or license do I have?’ Before you contact an office 365 admins responsible for this, see ‘the given license to user’s options’.
NB: Some versions of the Office doesn’t have an alternative Microsoft account for work or school account. You can redeem your product using different keys diversely. To know more about ‘office professional plus 2019, office standard 2019, or a stand-alone app such as word 2019 or project 2019 and the steps to install it. Its installation steps depend on whether you choose to follow the office installation procedure:
Microsoft HUP: As far as you purchase your office for your individual use or company use and possess the product key, see more details at ‘install office through HUP’.
Volume license versions: Some IT departments implore different techniques for installing office for their business. Discuss this with your IT department to get installation help needed.
Third-party seller: Did you just purchase an office from another source and you’re struggling with the project key? Follow the step below to install an office.
Log-in and install Microsoft Office:
- Navigate through www.office.com and sign in, if you have not done so; select sign in. NB: when you purchase office for your individual use or your company’s Microsoft hub benefits and finds it difficult to sign-in. You can get an installation help at ‘install Office through hup’.
- Log in with an account linked to the version of your office. Tip: it all depends on how and where you bought your office from. Be it Microsoft account, work or school account. If you forgot your account info, check ‘I forgot the account I use with the office’.
- Search through the office home page and select the version of your office. Select ‘install office’> ‘Install’ once you have logged in with your Microsoft account. Choose ‘Install Office Apps’> ‘Office 2016′, once you have logged in with a workplace or school account. (NB: the link to the page may say office 2016, but the office will install only the up to date version of the office apps by using ‘set by your office 365 admin option’). After this process, the download of the office will begin, followed by a prompt indication on your screen after installation.
- Didn’t see an install option after logging in? This may happen as a result of some issues with your account. Please click ‘Need Help’ from above to check the problems listed in the section ‘Account Questions’.
- Install Microsoft Office:
- Now you’re done with the download, just open finder, go to ‘Downloads’, and click twice at ‘Microsoft office install.pkg file’ (the file name may differ a little).
NB: when you discover some errors that say ‘Microsoft office install.pkg’ cannot be accessed due to an unidentified developer, wait for a few seconds or more to download the file to your desktop. Just ‘Hold Control + Click the file to launch the installer’.
- Firstly, at the installation screen, click ‘Continue to commence the installation.
- Check the license agreement of the software and select continue.
- Click on ‘Agree’ to accept the conditions of the software license agreement.
- Pick your install office option and select continue.
- Check the disk space requirements to know your install location or use another install location, select ‘install’. Note: in case you wish to install specific office apps without installing the whole office suite, select the “customize” button and “uncheck” the programs you don’t want to install.
- For Mac, log in with a password, once you’re signed in, click ‘install software’. (NB: use the password that you choose to login to your Mac).
- Now the software will start to install. Afterward, select ‘Close’, when the installation is complete. When the office installation is not successful, check ‘what to try if you can’t install or activate Office for MAC’.
How to launch a Microsoft Office for MAC and its activation process?
- Choose the ‘Launchpad’ icon in the Dock to display all the apps.
- Pick the ‘Microsoft Word’ icon in the Launchpad.
- Read ‘what’s new’ window, once it opens after an automatic launch of your word. Select ‘get started’ to activate the program. In case you need further help to activate your office, check ‘Activate Office for MAC’. When office activation is not successful, check “what to try if you can’t install or activate Office for MAC.
How to pin the Microsoft Office App icons to your dock?
- Check ‘Finder’> Applications and open ‘office app’ to access what you want.
- At the Dock section, use ‘Control + Click or Right-click the app icon and pick’ options to keep in Dock.
- Can I install Microsoft Office on my IPad or iPhone and how?
Yes, check “Install and Setup Office on an iPhone or IPad and set up email on an IOS device” (iPhone or IPad).